Sunday, August 4, 2013

Grain Free Pancake Recipe

In my quest to be grain free I stumbled upon a few almond butter recipes.  I didn't have almond butter on hand, but I did have Almond paste.  Here is my tweeked recipe for Banana Almond pancakes.  Enjoy

Banana Almond Meal Pancakes
Ingredients:
1 banana
3/4 cup almond paste(soaked almonds put in blender and made to paste) or 1/2 cup almond butter
1 duck egg-or 2 pastured chicken eggs
1 tsp each baking soda/powder
2 Tbls each Flax meal and Tapioca flour(grind tapioca pearls in coffee grinder until fine powder)
1/2 tsp each salt and vanilla

Directions:
Mash banana, add almond paste and egg.  Mix well.  Add remaining ingredients and combine.  Heat griddle to 325.  Add coconut oil and cook on griddle until brown on both sides.  Griddle can get hot, so make sure to lower temp and watch pancakes.  Serve with strawberries and Grade B maple syrup.  Makes 12 dollar size pancakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis