Monday, January 27, 2014

Meal Plans and (grain free extras)

For whatever reason, I made great use of my time and resources this weekend.  While prepping all meals for the week, I also make chocolate haystacks, paleo cinnamon oatmeal mix, trail mix bars, beet kvass, started beef bone broth, made grain free cinnamon raisin ‘cereal’ and a cinnamon sugar cracker or cereal.  I also started soaking and dehydrating cashews and walnuts and sprouting mung beans.  Whew...now if my kids would eat the grain free treats that I make I would be happy.  They only like the chocolate haystacks so far......more for me I guess!



If you look close, you can start to see the bean 'sprout'


2 days worth of 'sprouting' mung beans. 


Saturday- **Asian fish Pouches with rice pasta, beets and zucchini chips
   
Sunday - Balsamic roasted Lamb Chops with cauliflower and salad

Monday - Sprouted Mung bean soup with sausage and bacon

Tuesday - Beef and vegetable Stew

Wednesday - Beef Spaghetti with kale chips

Thursday - Baked chicken with broccoli and ‘french fries’

Friday - 'Against All Grain Gourmet' Frozen Pizza for the kiddos(cause it is friday) and adults are having teriyaki salmon with white rice and roasted cabbage.  We are eating at my brother and sister-in-laws house(they have a new baby and a toddler) so I am bringing them some food for the kiddos and some for us to eat.  

Before cooking Asian fish pouches


**Asian Fish pouches


4 - 3 oz fillets of mahi mahi/cod or other white fish(not farmed)
3-4 cups  of spinach or other ‘green’ I used collards for this recipe
4 tsp grated ginger-or more
2 tsp sesame oil
4 TBLS Tamari
white wine or apple juice
butter
fresh turmeric(grated optional)
Parchment paper

Pre-heat oven 375.  Layer in each piece of parchment about a cup of greens, fish, then spread  1 tsp ginger,  1 tsp turmeric(if using), 1/2 tsp sesame oil, 1 TBLS Tamari, 1/4 cup wine and 1 tsp butter.  Fold up parchment paper and secure ends.  Place packets on cookie sheet and bake  15-20 min or until fish is cooked through.  We serve with rice noodles and veggies.


Each week while these meal plans, things get a little easier and I become more and more efficient.  Take some or all of the recipes and try meal planning yourself.  Follow me on Pinterest to see what ideas I am using.  Pinterest is my go-to for recipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis