Sunday, January 25, 2015

Grain free/Dairy Free/Sugar Free Crepes

So I was craving crepes......like really good crepes that I can stuff with cream cheese, or chocolate or just dip in maple syrup.  BUT we can't eat flour(gluten) and I don't eat grains.  SO these are JUST as good as traditional crepes( I think they are better).   I modified a recipe from the paleo plan because I didn't have the same amounts of the ingredients.



Ingredients:
6 organic pastured eggs
4 organic ripe bananas
3/4 of a can or about 1 1/2 cups organic full fat coconut milk
1 tsp celtic sea salt
1 1/2-2 cups tapioca flour

coconut oil for cooking


How to put together:
Place first 4 ingredients in blender(I used a ninja) and blend until smooth.  Add 1 1/2 cups tapioca flour and blend again.  If it is to thin add a little more starch to reach desired consistency. 

when batter is just about ready to flip
Heat a cast iron skillet( I used my le creuset cookware) add a little coconut oil to bottom of pan.  Make sure it is hot, then ladle in about 1/2-3/5 cup of batter and swirl around side to make it like a flat pancake.  Cook about 30 sec-1 min until side are just done and it is toasted under, flip and cook another 30 sec.  Transfer to the oven on warm setting and repeat until all batter is gone.


flipped and almost ready to eat!


 I like mine with chocolate hazelnut or cream cheese.  The kids like the rip and dip.  Rip off a piece and dip in maple syrup!  YUMMO 






If you have any left over(they are pretty filling), use the rest for wraps or tortillas.  They hold up really well.  I had just enough left over to make creamy Mexican burritos for dinner.



They wrap well and hold all sorts of good stuff.  





Enjoy!

Emily  'The Nourishing  Mama'

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis