Thursday, January 16, 2014

Meal Plans Week 3 and a Slow Cooker Recipe!





Kale chips cooling.
I know it is late this week, but I was sick(so glad I had a meal plan) and was able to adapt and adjust days for what we needed. 

 January Week 3 Meal Plans .  (and a recipe)



Sunday-Lamb steaks with white rice(in bone broth) kale chips and broccoli  (Lamb from Farmer Roger, Green Cedars Farm)
Monday-(kids choice) hotdogs and fries (organic grass fed beef dogs and potatoes in lard)
Tuesday-****Crock pot herbed chicken with mushrooms over zucchini pasta(or GF pasta) with broccoli and tapioca cheese rolls
      *(after I cleaned the Crock pot, I cooked the lamb bones, any lamb meat that was left overnight and made stock for Thursday)
Wednesday -Loaded beef burgers with bacon, avocado, tomato, grilled onions, pro-biotic pickles or kraut and steamed cauliflower  - use lettuce as the bun
    *soak beans overnight in ACV(or whey) and water
Thursday-lamb, bean and kale soup with lamb broth
    *cook beans in crock pot on low all day, the rest is ready to go to put soup together when you get home(reserve some beans for Friday taco day)
 Friday- BYON(build your own nachos) -using leftovers from chicken, hamburgers(season with taco seasoning), lettuce, tomatoes, pre-cooked white beans from (soup day), cheese, organic sprouted corn tortillas, or make it grain free with a salad(just top with salsa)



This recipe my mother gave to me when I was in college. My mom can cook(and so could my grandmothers!!!)  I get my passion for cooking from all them! My mother has done an amazing ‘Real Food’ turn around in the last year and is experiencing some great results.  I love how far my mom has come and how much she has influenced my cooking.  She is such an inspiration to me and I am so proud of what she has done!  Love you, MOM!



*Always use local, organic, wild, pastured animals and veggies when possible

Crock Pot Herbed chicken(my mom’s recipe)
4 chicken breast(or thighs or a whole chicken)-pastured/organic if possible.
1 pint(or more) mushroom of choice-sliced (from HHHH farm and nursery)  They forage and find some amazing mushrooms-these were a combo of shitake and oyster
1-2 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp salt
apple juice**, white wine or chicken broth(1/4-1/2 cup)
1/2 stick butter sliced
6-8 slices swiss cheese


Place chicken in bottom of crock pot, season with salt, oregano.  Lay mushrooms on top and add butter.  Poor apple juice( I think apple juice gives the most flavor) around the side of chicken so herbs don’t wash off.  Cook on low 6-8 hours(meat can be frozen solid to start too)  about 1 hour before eating, add swiss cheese to top of chicken to seal in mushrooms.  Turn off crock pot and turn to warm to let cheese melt.
Serve over gluten free pasta, zuchinni pasta or rice. 

Enjoy and look for more ideas and recipes next week!

Real Food - Real Life -  Real Simple

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis